

Work has introduced the GCC - Global Corporate Challenge, basically it's an initiative to encourage employee's to literally take more steps towards a healthier life. Organising a team of seven you sign up to achieve at least 10000 steps a day per member. Over a 16 week period each team member enters their daily steps counted by the GCC pedometer. I wanted to sign up for this to help me further with my training. Monitoring and recording towards a different challenge will certainly keep me on my toes and can only benefit towards my general health and the Sahara trek due in September. Luckily 6 other people at work also wanted to sign up to the GCC. As we all enter our counts from 20 May 2010 we begin our virtual journey around the world :o)....Little rewards of achievement are acknowledge with a history and culture lesson from each country we arrive at, and the opportunity to email from each destination a GCC postcard to a friend. Fortunately I'm a member of a team either inspired to improve their own training routine, or already extremely dedicated to their favoured sport.
A coworker, and member of the GCC team I'm in, who is a seriously addicted and committed to extreme marthon challenges, recommended the Go Faster Food book. It's an interesting read advising the right foods to raise energy and get the best out of your training. Packed full of tips and recipes it's an easy to read and user friendly guide. The only difficulty I have is really taking on board advise from the book by following the carbs recommended. I've always tried to cut back on carbs, now going against my own made up rules, breaking the old restrictions to at least see if I notice and feel a difference.
No comments:
Post a Comment