



I signed up and went to the pre-trek meeting Sunday 23 May. The meeting gave all, who have signed up the the Sahara Acorns Children's Hospice Trek, an opportunity to visit the Worcestershire hospice, meet and greet, discuss the kit required and test our fitness levels.
I ,seriously after only 5 minutes in, wanted to cry and quit. I thought "do I have enough money in my bank account to pay back my sponsors and get out of this!"...I can't believe how hard I've been training and yet was hit with weakness physically and mentally only 5 minutes in. Our trek advisor challenged us immediately with a steep, uneven terrain from hell. Everyone in the group seemed to take this all in an easy stride, no pressure or concern shown in facial expressions and most never even broke into a sweat. My breathing was shallow, thank God I quit smoking a month ago (the regret of ever smoking at all haunted me the entire trek). My legs burnt, my brain went into complete negative overdrive and felt like it was going to burst with the pressure headache.
I am freaked out and bricking it!
No comments:
Post a Comment