




Although I haven't updated you for a while, I have been training HONEST!!! :0$ Ok so what have I been doing? I've followed the training programme guide Jim passed on to us from the Malvern Acorns social/trek meeting. Jim was our guide for the trek and provided fantastic tips to help us during the Sahara event.
Jim suggestead each week at least 3 days general training and a Saturday or Sunday focus of increasing distance and duration. Alternative weekends of steady to hill walking is also recommended. I've choosen Sunday as my longer training session walking the towpaths of Birmingham one weekend (this allows me to do a spot check on the Selly Oak project ;o) ). I think my longest walk to date using the towpaths is 12miles. The 'hill' weekends I set out to the Malverns, day pack weighted down with 6litres and try to hit the steep sections to increase fitness. I'm not sure of distance but timed my last weekend resulting in 3hrs 30 mins. Anyway this goal of getting prepared for the actual trek and trying to increase my stamina and tone is taking me to many beautiful places. Along the way I've captured some sights, which I probably wouldn't have seen had I not signed up to help Acorns. I've put some on my site to reflect on my little weekend journeys.
No comments:
Post a Comment