Acorns Sahara Desert Trek 2010 - Preperation and Sahara Desert Trek Experience

Acorns Sahara Desert Trek 2010 - Preperation and Sahara Desert Trek Experience
Keep Smiling through the challenges

Monday, 19 April 2010

Week 3 - General

The trainings going ok and the diet not too bad. Throughout the week I did the usual training routine of a variety of cardio split in to three groups at least 12mins, on each machine. I've continued to increase the levels in interval stages. Friday I managed an additional rep on the SONR Ph2 'steps of hell.' I completed 9reps. I thought all the sub-contractors had completed work, I like to do the reps at the end of the working day when only office staff are on site. On my first rep I discovered subbies still carrying out piling works. Being stubborn I decided to carry on, focusing on the steps as a training tool, and not the fact that these guys would see a woman keep appearing at the top of the steps 9 times! Wearing PPE (high visability vest, hard hat) it was difficult to go unnoticed and as expected I eventually attracted attention and asked what I was doing!

I worked for a few hours at the hospice Friday as a befriender. I remember always feeling a little nervous when I worked with the children, but at the moment I feel out of touch after missing a few months. The visits and working one to one do continue to motivate me when I need that extra push at the gym, or ignore the crisp, wine or cigarette monster trying to encourage me to give in and"treat yourself!" The smoking habit shouldn't be too difficult to conquer. I associate the wine and cigarette together. Continuing this healthy diet, I will eventually break that final habit, and enjoy a sensible glass of wine with dinner and NO nicotine. Funny how I can go all day and a few days without smoking then crave just when I have a sociable drink.

Sunday 18 April - I decided Sunday's will be the day I do an extra special train. I added wearing a backpack weighted with a medicine ball while on the treadmill increasing the incline to a maximum of 15. I was happy with my first attempt of 40mins, still carrying out 12 mins on the bike and cross trainer.

Tuesday 20 April - I have the meeting with Adrain, my trainer at Fitness First. A endurance test to help work out a programme. Will add how that goes.....I'm wishing myself luck eeeekkkkk

No comments:

Post a Comment